Social Media Giveaway Terms & Conditions
For the purposes of these Terms and Conditions (“Terms”), "The Promoter" refers to CMAC Group UK Limited a company incorporated in England and Wales with company number 06054801 and registered address Suite 1, The Globe Centre, St James Square, Accrington, BB5 0RE and these Terms apply as between you and CMAC Group UK Limited.
- Each entrant shall enter the competition (the ‘Competition’) via LinkedIn by liking The Promoters Competition post, sharing the Competition to their profile, and commenting on the specified post. The Promoters LinkedIn profile is; www.linkedin.com/company/cmac-group-uk/.
- Entrants shall have one (1) entry for ‘liking’ and ‘sharing’ the post and will receive an extra entry for commenting on the specified post.
- We recommend that you print and store or save a copy of these Terms for future reference.
- The Competition starts at Monday 13th September 2021.
- The "Prize" refers to one (1) Smeg DCF02 Drip Coffee Machine in slate grey. Prizes are non-negotiable, non-transferable and non-refundable. No cash alternative is available. Where a Prize becomes unavailable for any reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute that Prize for a prize of equal or higher value.
- By entering the Competition, you agree to be bound by these Terms. All entries must be received by 17:00 (UTC +1) on 30th September 2021. One (1) winner in Great Britain only will be selected at random by The Promoter on 8th October 2021 and the winner will be notified on or after this date. You have 7 (seven) days to respond to our request, if you do not respond within 7 (seven) days you have forfeited your right to the Prize and the Promoter shall choose a different winner.
- Winners will not be required to pay to enter the competition.
- Entrants must be over 18 years old on the date of their entry. The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to ask for evidence to verify the name, identity and/or eligibility of an entrant at any time. The Promoter may withhold delivery of the Prize until such time as they have received sufficient evidence from the winner and failure to provide such evidence in a timely manner may result in forfeiture of the Prize.
- Employees and their immediate families (including live-in partner) of The Promoter are ineligible to enter this Competition.
- LinkedIn is not in any way affiliated or involved in the Competition.
- The Prize will be awarded to a randomly selected winner who has entered on Linkedin, using a random name generator . By entering into the Competition means that the individual has consented to the use of such. The Promoter will not be held liable if the named prize becomes unavailable or cannot be fulfilled.
- The Promoter will not be held liable for any failure of receipt of entries. The Promoter takes no responsibility for any entries which are lost, delayed, illegible, corrupted, damaged, incomplete or otherwise invalid.
- Whilst nothing in these Terms will limit the Promoter’s liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence or for fraud, the Promoter will not be legally responsible to entrants or winners for any losses that were not foreseeable to the Promoter or to the entrants or winners at the time of entry to the Competition or which are caused by a third party. The Promoter’s liability under or in connection with the competition or these Terms shall be limited to the cost of the Prize in question.
- To the extent permitted by applicable law, The Promoter shall not be liable under or in connection with these Terms, the competition or any Prize for any indirect, special or consequential cost, expense, loss or damage suffered by a participant even if such cost, expense, loss or damage was reasonably foreseeable or might reasonably have been contemplated by the participant and the Promoter and whether arising from breach of contract, tort, negligence, breach of statutory duty or otherwise.
- The name, address, email address and phone number of the winner must be provided to The Promoter if requested and will be shared to enable fulfilment of the Prize. By taking part in the Competition you agree to participate in publicity at the Promoter’s request if you are the winner. The winner’s name and social media username shall be posted on the social media profiles of The Promoter after the winner has been selected.
- Information and data (“personal data”) which is provided by you when you enter the Competition will be held by the Promoter and may be used by the Promoter for the purposes of administering and fulfilling the Competition. You agree that this includes without limitation that we may contact you if there are any issues with the Competition that directly or indirectly involves you. The Promoter will process your data in accordance with these Terms and our Privacy Notice which can be located below.
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances beyond The Promoter’s reasonable control, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition or these Terms, either in whole or in part, with or without notice.
- The Promoter's decision is final. However, any disputes shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts. Only after you have tried to solve any dispute directly with the Promoter.
- The Competition and these Terms are exclusively governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England.
When you enter this competition and provide your personal data to us we CMAC Group UK Limited (‘we’ or ‘us’) acts as a ‘Data Controller’ under the data protection legislation.
We are committed to being transparent with individuals as to how we process their personal data.
We ask that you read this Notice carefully as it explains who we are, in what circumstances, how and why we process your personal data; your rights in relation to it; how to exercise them as well as what you should do if you have any concerns about how we use your personal data.
You should read the Notice before you decide to provide your personal data to us.
Who we are:
CMAC Group UK Limited. For more information see https://www.cmacgroup.com/. For full contact details see the end of this Notice.
What personal data do we process and why?
We collect your name and username and if you are to win then we collect your contact details and address. We process your data in order to enter you into the competition and to communicate with you if you win. We will also process it to publicise the fact that you have won the competition and if you have won, we will use your contact information to send your prize to you. We process your data in order to perform the agreement reached between us when you enter the competition.
Who do we share your personal information with?
We may share some of your personal data with our marketing team for publicity purposes if you win the competition. We will also share your name with a company who will automatically determine who is the winner of the competition.
We will also share the winners’ details with John Lewis & Partners | Homeware, Fashion, Electricals & More, as we will order the prize directly to the address provided.
How long do we keep your personal information for?
If you enter the competition and do not win then we will erase your personal data after one month. if you do win, we will retain your personal data for 7 years.
Your legal rights
You have a number of rights such as to:
- receive information as to our use of your personal information – met by the provision of this Notice.
- access your personal information and to certain other supplementary information
- require us to correct any factual inaccuracies in your personal information which we hold.
- require us to erase your personal information
- object to us making decisions reached solely by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you.
- restrict or object to our processing of your personal information.
Please note that CMAC may, depending on the circumstances, be able to refuse to grant your request or only grant it in part. If we do so we will advise you why.
If you would like to exercise any of the above rights, please email or write to CMAC using the information below.
How to complain
We hope that we are able to satisfactorily resolve any query or concern you have about our use of your information. However, if after we have been given the opportunity to resolve it your issue you are still dissatisfied you may complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office. Their contact details can be found at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/&n...;
How to contact CMAC
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or send a letter to:
CMAC Group UK Limited
Suite 1 The Globe Centre
St James Square